Wednesday, July 1, 2009

M.J. 1958-2009

I'm pretty disturbed by all of this Michael Jackson madness. There are several reasons why and I will just spew them in no particular order....

First off- Farrah Fawcett died a horribly painful PROLONGED death the very same day, just hours prior. While I feel that it's totally newsworthy that Michael Jackson suddenly died...The news media completley disrespected Farrah.

Second- Billy Mays.. While I understand the man wasn't the mogul that MJ was, he still deserved a smidge of coverage while the news of his death was breaking.

My third and final thought is this:

For all of the people who are/were standing outside of the Apollo/Neverland Ranch/wherever... Crying and paying tribute... It's a lovely notion that would probably have been best suited for Michael, himself, to witness while he was alive. I know he's got his die-hard fans and they'll remain the same but, the people who are, just now, jumping on the bandwagon... Why? The guy probably would have appriciated the love in life, versus death. I'm in no way saying he was innocent of all the molestation charges... I have no idea. We'll never know. But, it's a much nicer feeling to be appriciated while you're still alive.

No comments: