Monday, October 27, 2008



Oh boy, here goes...

So, my weekend began super early this time around.

Thursday:

The "Just Us Girls" event went off even better than expected. The place was mobbed with women checking out all sorts of cool events. I hosted along with Jennifer Ross, Amy Navarro, Tracy St George and Liz and Suzanne from Channel 12. There were so many things going on, I doubt I made it through every booth but I had a great time. Nothing better than free champagne and yummy grub! I also sold my gold! I had a bunch of crappy old chains and a nameplate from highschool. Everything was tangled and tarnished. They actually gave me a decent sized check for it and I walked away happy. Great silent auction which I wasn't very um... silent....about. Here's the deal, a few weeks ago- Crystal Creations came here to the radio station and all of the ladies got to create whatever they wanted. I made a kick-ass brown, yellow and gold double necklace and fell in love with it. I decided it would be my mission to win this thing in the Susan G. Komen foundation silent auction. I got a little aggressive.... especially after several glasses of good champagne. Ended up telling the crowd, while on stage, that I would outbid them regardless of their bid and I guess my strategy worked because I won! I get to pay for and pick up my fantastical necklace this week :)


Friday:

Oakwood Grill. Good times, as always... despite the guy who walked up behind me and unzipped my dress without being invited to do so. He's lucky to be alive today. I must have been in a good mood due to the el cheap-o $5 vodka bar. The Palm Beach Fire Dept. was serving up Jello shots and other assorted goodies for the Big Heart Brigade charity, which was nice. I am convinced, regardless of looks and personality, any firefighter can pick up ANY woman simply based upon their occupation. It's SO funny to watch them in action! After Oakwood- drove down to Boynton to Slainte. Met up with Stacey since she was in town for the first time in FOREVER. Erica showed her lovely face as well. Boynton must have been jumping because, within an hour of my arrival, I came to find out that Sara, Phil AND Katie were all there as well. None of us had any prior plans- so that was really strange. Ate at Bar Louie (cause I'm obsessed with their hummus platter) and then went to catch the band at Slainte. Long night.

Saturday:

Woke up feeling SUPER uninspired to dress up for our Simply Wicked Halloween party at Bradleys. I'm not sure why. Maybe the hangover. Maybe it was the rain and the gloomy weather. Regardless, I hiked over the Super Target and wandered aimlessly for about 2 hours. I grabbed some fishnet stockings, some ballerina slippers and about 8 or 9 other things. I don't know what I was thinking. Got home and tried on a few combos. Found an old 80's Madonna-style dress in my closet and some bright red lipstick. Decided I'd go for a pinup girl. I watched a tutorial on YouTube about how to get my hair all pinned up. Did it... it looked awesome. And then came the rain... The hair came crashing down and quickly ended up in a bumped ponytail. It remained that way for the rest of the night. So, I wore my old glasses, my dress, my fishnets, red lipstick... my boss, Bob, said I was 1957. It was a good year....

The Simply Wicked party went well. Bradley's was slammed!! I got a great surprise when I found out that Kris' entire Bachelorette party chose to bring the party my way! We headed over to Clematis and hit Roxy's. LOVED seeing all the creative costumes along the way. Bunch of banana's.... so simple yet, it speaks volumes. Got home around 4....asleep at 5.

Sunday:

Woke up at 10- had an appearance at Spookyville at the South Florida Fairgrounds. It's a safe Halloween village for families and kids. An awesome time! It was a bash to see all the cute kids in costumes. The 6 foot 5 dad dressed as Michael Meyers... probably not the best judgement. Vanilla Ice was there with his kids. Nope, not a costume. The balloon guy came over and told me to test him- so, I did... cause, come on... I'm ME. Told him to make me a balloon penguin annnnd sure enough... I have an exact replica of Chilly Willy sitting on my kitchen counter! He told me to keep it in my freezer so it never pops but that's just strange and I'm not biting.

I was SO tired and my feet were killing me by the time I got home from Spookyville- I took a bubble bath that lasted an hour and a half and left me withered like a prune. It was fantastic.

No comments: