Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The First Day of Fall


There's just something about it! I obsess over the fall season. I love the crisp air (when the humidity isn't kicking), pumpkin patches, stuffing, sweet potato pie, string bean cassarole with those fried crunchy lard strings on top. Although I don't like football, I'm a big fan of the high-end commercials. I love smelling and decorating Christmas trees, eating Matzoh Ball soup at my friends' parents' homes. I get all excited about the big budget movies, the Halloween costumes, the inevitable re-release of The Nightmare Before Christmas and the constant airing of A Christmas Story on TBS. I always buy one of those cinnamon brooms that they sell for $3.99 at Publix, even though the scent wears off after a day or two. I get to wear boots and scarves and cozy sweaters... even though people sometimes yell "Are you kidding me?! We live in FLORIDA... there's no winter here!".

Here's the only catch about the fall season..... The Halloween costume shops. Can't handle em. The smell of latex masks hits my gag reflex and I feel like I'm about to puke instantly. Wigs creep me out. Fake blood is gross. As much as I enjoy a creative costume, I have to watch from afar. My sense of smell kicks into overdrive and it's all too much to handle.

All in all- Costume shops aside, I am SO excited for the season and I have great hope that there are good things to come for everyone. Yep. You too!

No comments: