Monday, November 17, 2008

Dammit Beyonce!! You had me at "No,No,No"....

Alright, so here's my deal with Beyonce. I've never been super attracted to her music but some thing's happened to her lately. Maybe the leap into womanhood with her recent marriage? Not sure. Regardless, the girl is KILLING IT! I checked out the first single off of her new CD- "If I Were A Boy" and really got into the hook. Then, the kicker... that super annoying club song with screeches and twangs "Put A Ring On It". That song was supposedly recorded by her alter-ego, Sasha Fierce. In my opinion, Sasha Fierce should jump off a bridge and let Beyonce shine. I can't stand it when artists try to summon their "alter-ego". That person always ends up being a huge tool. Case in point: Garth Brooks. What a nightmare. The rest of the Beyonce tracks are DEAD ON and Sasha Fierce sounds like some ghetto-fied wannabe. The absolute cream of the crop.... her rendition of "Ave Maria". WOW. Bells. Whistles. As hard as it is for me to admit it... That song is so beautiful, it's therapy. I cried. I turned it up louder. I cried some more. I probably listen to it 5 times a day. Do yourself a favor- if you don't purchase the tracks, at least take a listen on her MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/beyonce You're welcome!

No comments: